COVID-19 & Health
RM25 million allocation to Yayasan Keluarga Malaysia to lead the efforts to protect the welfare, education and future of COVID-19 induced orphans.
RM2 billion additional allocation to continue the agenda on managing COVID-19:
- RM750 million for Medical supply, medical gases, reagents and consumables.
- RM190 million for outsourcing medical service to private hospitals and private laboratories.
- RM230 million for PPE and sanitizer for MOH staff.
- RM200 million to increase Teaching Hospital and Field Hospital ICU capacity and procurement of medical devices for Military Hospital Radiology Department.
- RM450 million for Health kits for 3.6 million B40 families that include reusable face masks, self-test kit, pulse oximeter and thermometer.
- Acquisition of antiviral drugs against various viruses including COVID-19.
RM2 billion to fund the vaccination programme.
RM6 billion from National Trust Fund to fund the procurement of COVID-19 vaccine.
RM70 million for mental health:
- Mental health programme, counseling and psychosocial support, increasing the number of mental health advocacy programmes and strengthening the role of NGOs.
- Expand the scope of individual income tax relief for mental health related expenses.